Hello friends, this post is important because we are going to tell you about the process to download Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana application form and claim form. PM Suraksha Bima Yojana is a major accident insurance scheme of the Modi government. Launched in FY 2015. Now, PMSBY application and claim forms are available at jansuraksha.gov.in.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is a social security scheme that provides one year accidental death and disability cover. The other 2 schemes launched along with PMSBY scheme are PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
Under this PMSBY scheme, the Central Govt. Provides accident insurance of Rs. 2 lakh only Rs. 12 per year. Read more to know eligibility, premium, how to claim and other details
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) Application & Claim Form PDF
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana is a major accident insurance scheme of the Central Government to provide accident insurance cover to all the citizens of India. Under PMSBY, the government will provide the sum insured up to Rs. 2 lakh to each insured candidate in case of accidental death, and disability (complete/half loss of sight or loss of both hands/feet) due to accident. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is one of the cheapest insurance schemes launched by the Prime Minister to provide insurance cover to all the citizens of India at a very low premium. Below is the complete procedure to download PMSBY application form and claim form:-
Phase 1: First visit the official Jan-Dhan Se Jan Suraksha website at jansuraksha.gov.in
Phase 2: On the homepage, click on “formoption in the header or directly https://jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms.aspx. click on
step 3: In the new window, click on “Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana“Tab as shown below or directly https://jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMSBY.aspx. click on
step 4: After clicking either “Application letter“tab or”claim formTab as shown below. Then select the language in which you want to download the PMSBY application form or claim form.
Central Government Schemes 2021Central Government Scheme HindiPopular Schemes in the Centre:Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021PM Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G)Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Step 5: PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Application Form 2021 PDF in English Language will appear as:-
Step 6: Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Claim Form 2021 PDF will appear as follows which is available to download through online mode:-
Step 7: Candidates can download this application form in PDF format in the language of their choice to avail the benefits of PMSBY scheme.
Check PM Suraksha Bima Yojana scheme details to fill form and avail benefits of PMSBY scheme.
PMSBY Scheme Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to avail the benefits of PMSBY scheme:-
- PMSBY is available for those who are between 18 to 70 years of age.
- Candidate must have an active savings bank account.
- The aspirant has to sign a consent form for auto debit of the policy premium.
- Any person can join PMSBY scheme through only one bank account.
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana accident insurance also covers permanent disability due to accident.
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Premium
This is the biggest benefit of Suraksha Bima Yojana, even the poorest of the poor can afford the premium of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Total Premium: Rupee. 12/- per member per year
Appropriation of Premium:
- Insurance Premium to LIC/Insurance Company: Rs. 10/- per member per year
- Reimbursement of Expenditure to BC/Micro/Corporate/Agent : Rs. 1/- per year per member
- Reimbursement of administrative expenses to the participating bank: Rs. 1/- per year per member
Auto Debit Facility in PM Suraksha Bima Yojana
It is important to note that the term of PMSBY insurance is from 1st June to 31st May of any financial year. Once the insurance is taken, Rs. 12 The savings bank account (with auto-debit facility) of the policy holder will be automatically debited. Auto-debit transactions will take place on or before 1st June for the coverage period from 1st June to 31st May on annual renewal basis.
If the premium amount is not auto-debited on 1st June for any reason, the insurance plan will be discontinued. The policy will automatically renew/restart after the auto debit of premium amount from the bank account. Under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, the risk coverage available is Rs. 2 lakh for accidental death and permanent disability. Also for permanent partial disability, the risk coverage available is Rs. 1 Lac.
Where to Buy Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana is administered through public sector general insurance companies or any other general insurance companies in tie-up with participating banks.
You can submit your PMSBY application form to the banker in which you have a savings bank account. The PMSBY form can be easily downloaded from the official public safety website jansuraksha.gov.in
Scope of coverage of protection insurance plan
- In case the individual has more than one savings bank account, only one policy per person will be allowed.
- Aadhar card will be the mandatory and primary document to get registered under the scheme.
- The premium of the policy will be auto debited every year from the savings bank account of the policy holder.
- If a policyholder opts out of the plan for any reason, he/she can re-enroll from the next year with the same terms and conditions.
Termination of Suraksha Bima Yojana
There are certain situations when the policy account of the holder will be closed / terminated and no benefit will be paid thereafter. Those conditions are the following:
- On attaining the age of 70 years.
- Due to insufficient balance in savings account at the time of policy renewal in subsequent years.
- If the subscriber is found to be covered by more than one savings bank account and premium is being paid willfully. Only one policy cover will remain active and the other will be terminated and the premium paid will be forfeited.
- If the cover is terminated due to technical or administrative reasons or due date, the cover can be reinstated on receipt of full annual premium.
How to claim benefits of PMSBY Accident Insurance Scheme
The objective of the PMSBY scheme is to cover death due to accident and disability, as confirmed by documentary evidence. This includes road, rail and vehicle accidents, drowning, any crime-related death (an accident reported to the police), snakebite, falling from a tree and other causes supported by immediate hospital records. Complete PM Suraksha Bima Yojana details can be checked using the direct link here – https://jansuraksha.gov.in/Files/PMSBY/English/About-PMSBY.pdf
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana Progress Report
From 9th May 2015 to 30th April 2020, the current PM Suraksha Bima Yojana statistics are:-
Gross Enrollment: 18.54 crore
Number of Claims Received: 50,328
Number of Claims Delivered: 39,969
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Features
Here are the important features and salient features of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY):-
- This plan provides accidental death benefit up to Rs. 2 lakh
- In case of accidental death or permanent disability or irreparable and total loss of both hands, both eyes or sight or one leg or foot, the insurance cover will be up to 2 lakhs.
- Sum Assured will be Rs. 1 lakh in case of partial disability or loss of one leg, arm, leg, eye or sight.
- Sum Assured will be paid to the nominee.
- The scheme will be renewed every year with one year cover at a time.
It is offered by public sector general insurance companies or any other general insurance company willing to offer the product on equal terms with necessary approvals and tie up with banks for this purpose. Banks can engage any insurance company of their choice to offer this scheme.
Background of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Policy
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), launched in May 2015, is a government-backed accident-death insurance scheme. As of May 2015, only 20% of India’s population has any form of insurance and the scheme aims to increase this number. Suraksha Bima Yojana is mainly for those people who are not covered under any type of insurance scheme, especially in rural areas of the country.
PM Suraksha Bima Yojana is available to all, but was launched keeping in mind that the people belong to below poverty line or underprivileged category and who can avail any insurance available with private or even public sector insurance companies. Not able to afford any type of insurance plans.
In case of death of the account holders, the nominee can claim the insurance cover. For more details visit the official website http://jansuraksha.gov.in/.